Snail problem??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lowdrag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 50 Gallon fresh water tank and I'm so green ( no pun intended ) to the fish tank world that I'm not sure what's going on with this problem that I'm having, or is it a problem.

I have about 12 small, cheap, tropical commuinity fish in the tank that I'm really enjoying the **** out of. They are a mix of 4-5 different kinds of tropical community fish and a couple bottom dwellers.

I've been cleaning the tank about every month. Just recently as I'm cleaning the tank I realized I've got a lot of what looks like snails populating the tank. I let the last time since I cleaned the tank go a couple of weeks longer than usual and I'm not sure if they are growing because of the lack of maintence on my part of I'm doing something wrong that will hurt the fish in the long run if I dont get my head in the game.

Any suggestions from the masses

I appreciate your time in responding in advance

Thank you
LOWDRAG

I have a 50 Gallon fresh water tank and I'm so green ( no pun intended ) to the fish tank world that I'm not sure what's going on with this problem that I'm having, or is it a problem.

I have about 12 small, cheap, tropical commuinity fish in the tank that I'm really enjoying the **** out of. They are a mix of 4-5 different kinds of tropical community fish and a couple bottom dwellers.

I've been cleaning the tank about every month. Just recently as I'm cleaning the tank I realized I've got a lot of what looks like snails populating the tank. I let the last time since I cleaned the tank go a couple of weeks longer than usual and I'm not sure if they are growing because of the lack of maintence on my part of I'm doing something wrong that will hurt the fish in the long run if I dont get my head in the game.

Any suggestions from the masses

I appreciate your time in responding in advance

Thank you
LOWDRAG

Hey -- send me a pm as I would LOVE to have all of those snails for my dwarf puffers. They eat them by the dozens..really. If you don't know how to mail them I will let you know and send you some stuff if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom