Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had one mystery snail die and my remaining snails shell is not looking to good. Is there something Im doing wrong? Do I need to calcium or feed them
Somethin special??

You can feed them algae wafers or lettuce, what kind of fish are they in with?

Kera777 said:
You can feed them algae wafers or lettuce, what kind of fish are they in with?

Its with Goldfish. The snails were taking care of the algae in the tank... Then one just died and this one just acts weird and it's shell looks like it's eroding...

I have Three baby GF in a 55g with one mystery snail

Make sure the pH level is above 7.0, and add some calcium and see if that doesnt help. I read somewhere that if a snails shell is seriously eroded then there is not a big chance of saving it. But if its minor then by adding calcium And fixing the pH they should heal up

Kera777 said:
Make sure the pH level is above 7.0, and add some calcium and see if that doesnt help. I read somewhere that if a snails shell is seriously eroded then there is not a big chance of saving it. But if its minor then by adding calcium And fixing the pH they should heal up

My ph shouldn't be a problem. It's not to bad.... Maybe I can add a cuddlebone or something....

Kera777 said:

Oh andThanks :) this is my first time owning mystery snails. I hate that one died.... :((

You could try giving it a tums tablet. They've got lots of calcium... But put it in a seperate bowl with water from your tank and put the snail in it, snails love them. Other than that I dont know what else could help, I wish you luck with your snail though! Hope it gets better

Kera777 said:
You could try giving it a tums tablet. They've got lots of calcium... But put it in a seperate bowl with water from your tank and put the snail in it, snails love them. Other than that I dont know what else could help, I wish you luck with your snail though! Hope it gets better

Thanks :) like flavored tums ??? Lol I have some somewhere.

He may just be growing also... But I still don't know why the other one died. I haven't really been supplementing food bc they were eating lots of algae...

I'm a bad snail mom :(( ha ha

Haha no, trying to make them better instead of giving up on snails makes you a good snail mom. It is good to throw them an algae wafer or something besides just the tank algae every once in a while though. Not every day, I have some catfish and i feed them the sinking shrimp pellets and my snail nibbles on those sometimes

Kera777 said:
Haha no, trying to make them better instead of giving up on snails makes you a good snail mom. It is good to throw them an algae wafer or something besides just the tank algae every once in a while though. Not every day, I have some catfish and i feed them the sinking shrimp pellets and my snail nibbles on those sometimes

I give algae wafers very sparse... My GF ATTACK Them... Lol... So I threw in 2 tonight.

I have 5 tanks currently stocked but only one snail so hopefully I'll catch on and can get more.
They are pretty cool :D

Back
Top Bottom