Some kind of wound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badbart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think my fish is wounded. Dose this look like a bite? How do I treat him, I'd hate to loose him I've had him a while. I have never seen any aggressive actions from my fish, I'm not sure how this happened.

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71
It does look like a wound from a fish biting it. What are the tank mates? At this point, I think that extra clean water will do more good than any meds you can add to the tank. Just keep a close eye on it for worsening. If it does get worse, then I would go with a broad spectrum antibiotic.

It does look like a wound from a fish biting it. What are the tank mates? At this point, I think that extra clean water will do more good than any meds you can add to the tank. Just keep a close eye on it for worsening. If it does get worse, then I would go with a broad spectrum antibiotic.

5 other angles, 2 Bala Sharks, 3 Clown Loach's,4 siemes algae eaters and 4 otto's. And the attached picture of a fish I bought and have no idea what it is. The only aggression I've seen is from the fish in the picture but he only chases a fish every once and a while never bites anyone and I know he's not a redfin shark.

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 62
is your "my tanks" link correct? if this is in a 20g tank, you are overstocked to no end

75, thats old. I just moved the fiish in the picture to my other 20 gallon thank. He's the only fish I've seen show aggression. Anyone know the type of fish in the picture I posted?

the fish was probably bitten in that spot and got a secondary infection. do a PWC as suggested above and add some stress coat if you have any. if it doesn't get better in a couple days, start treating with anti-biotics.

those bala sharks will be over a foot each in a few years.

the fish was probably bitten in that spot and got a secondary infection. do a PWC as suggested above and add some stress coat if you have any. if it doesn't get better in a couple days, start treating with anti-biotics.

those bala sharks will be over a foot each in a few years.

I know I'll have to upgrade some time

Back
Top Bottom