Something is wrong.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SerLunchbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, i don't know if it is unhealthy fish or what but i am starting to think that something is wrong within my aquarium now.

Within 2 weeks i have lost my 2 juvenile angelfish plus i had a gold sailfin mollie fry killed off. All appear to have been untouched except for the mollie. My tank conditions are the same as always (pH of 7.6, KH of 9.5, GH of 10.5, ammonia and nitrite of 0, nitrate of 5ppm)

The other sign is just one of my plants looks unhealthy ... now this could be because the base of it looks to have been eaten through but i am not too certain that it could be the cause of the unhealthy looking plant.

I am starting to think it could be the breeding angels but then again it could be my ameca splendins being a terror as well. Does anyone happen to have any ideas of what could be happening or do you think i hit the nail on the head?

The ameca splendens are definitely assertive fish they chase around my bosemani rainbows once in a while..

I am pretty sure they gave one of my cories a run for its money and stressed it to death...

Moose

I concur...I would not trust spawning angels or Ameca as far as I could throw a freight-train. I suppose you will need more baby mollies now... :p

Would you trust a freight train of Ameca's if you were in South America?

I would describe Ameca's as tough guy fish....

You would be pretty tough if you ate that much spinach (hair algea)

Serlunchbox maybe you could rent them out to CAS members...

yeah ... its the amecas and angels ... been watching off and on and i just see them spazzing on everything. This is interesting cause i can't get a new tank yet i obviously need a solution to it all. Now the thinking cap is on ....

I got the 30 gallon you could move some into... I dont think the H. Quads or Terror fry will do them much damage... since they're all small... except for those 2 terrors that are starting to grow quite rapidly...
:)

Oh since I lost that one female ameca.. and the males outnumbered the remaining female (aside from undeterminate fry so far), I've moved the 2 males into the 30 and they are doing fine. If you need the interim space.

I think 3 out of the 4 fry are females based on tail fin appearance.

And the big female is about ready to burst again. Yay!

well, it must have been some weird moon or something cause then i lost 2 otocinclus cats. One had its right fin that looked like a white pearl (it was double or triple the size of the fin originally) ... found him not moving and the other oto ... well lord knows where it went.

after all this ... nothing but peace ...or so it seems.

Back
Top Bottom