something weird about balloon ram:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my balloon ram for a good...4 months, I think. He'd always be out swimming and nibble at the plants. But now he just stay at the bottom, hiding under plants, doesn't come out to eat, and it looks like he's not as colorful as he used to be. Idk what could be wrong, his sides are red where his gills are at. Please help. This is the only good pic I can get of him.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111209_112852.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111209_112852.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 163
Did you mean Bolivian ram?

Sorry about your loss, but to help your other fish could you answer some questions...
What are your water parameters?
What's your water change schedule?
Do you use dechlorinator?
What size tank?
What's the stock?

Fishkeeper26 said:
Did you mean Bolivian ram?

Sorry about your loss, but to help your other fish could you answer some questions...
What's your water change schedule?
What size tank?
What's the stock?

No, there's one called a balloon ram. Same thing happened to my golden ram, it just died without any reasons. I do water changes every Thursday, 36g bowfront, and all the other fish are fine. Maybe it was old, idk

fishdud said:
No, there's one called a balloon ram. Same thing happened to my golden ram, it just died without any reasons. I do water changes every Thursday, 36g bowfront, and all the other fish are fine. Maybe it was old, idk

Sorry...
What else is in there?

Fishkeeper26 said:
Sorry...
What else is in there?

Ha of course.

Ph 7.2
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm last time I tested or 10

And other first are 2 red minor tetra, betta, 5 neon tetras, 3 glow light tetras and 5 other tetras. Can't member the names

if your ammonia is at .25 that's not good. ammonia should always be at 0. i would do some water changes (about 25-30 %) everyday for the next few days until you get a 0 reading. test 1-2 times a day (maybe morning and night) if you use seachem prime as a water conditioner it will detoxify the ammonia for about 24 hours until you do your next water change. gbr's are very easily affected by water conditions that aren't right on the money. your ph is o.k. and so are your nitrates but the ammonia has to be brought down to 0 asap.

jpchin said:
if your ammonia is at .25 that's not good. ammonia should always be at 0. i would do some water changes (about 25-30 %) everyday for the next few days until you get a 0 reading. test 1-2 times a day (maybe morning and night) if you use seachem prime as a water conditioner it will detoxify the ammonia for about 24 hours until you do your next water change. gbr's are very easily affected by water conditions that aren't right on the money. your ph is o.k. and so are your nitrates but the ammonia has to be brought down to 0 asap.

I'll test ammonia again later. But like i said it just happened outta nowhere, same with my gold ram. I've been busy and never had time to test the water, only change and he's always been active. I thought I could save him by putting him in a container with a lil salt but it didn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom