Something wrong with my glowlights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

critter333294

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there something wrong with my glowlights? I've noticed that a couple keep swimming almost to the top and going back down...is he just playing fish games or should I be worried. Also one of them stays towards the bottom and doesnt swim much, just kinda sits there. Also there is another fish that has some fin damage which I guess happened at the pet store. His dorsal and tail fins have small chunks missing. He also has a small white spot on his back by his tail. Maybe i'm just overreacting but i'm worried

What are your water parameters? Do you have test kits for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? Is the temperature steady? One time when my fish was racing up and down, my water temperature shifted suddenly. I would do a water change now of about 25-30%, and maybe another one tonight or tomorrow until your parameters are stable. Fresh, clean water is important for the fish that has some fin damage (and all of the fish!) He may heal without medicine if you do frequent water changes. If you have any readings for ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate, please post them.

Also, what does the white spot look like? Is it cottony-fuzzy or does it look like a grain of salt?

I have test kits for everything, my params are all stable as is the temperature. They're acting fine now...maybe it was just playing. The fin nipped one is also acting normal and I think the spot is just a trait because they all have it on that same spot his is just more pronounced. The lethargic one is just hanging around in the back still not moving too much.

Back
Top Bottom