SOS Emergency!! Bala Shark - rock stuck in mouth!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
While feeding my fish in my 55gal FW setup, I noticed my larger, healthy Bala Shark kind of wading frantically in one spot. Then I realized his head and mouth were shaped kind of strange. Well, needless to say there is a small blue piece of gravel stuck in his mouth!! I tried to put the net in the tank, and maybe scare him to spit it out, but with my luck, it just went in further. He seems to be struggling in whatever he does, and is breathing abnormally fast. What can i do!??! HELP!!!! :cry:

I would net him, and genly try to remove the rock myself. Otherwise it'll just get wedged in deeper- I don't know what else you could do.

Well thats what I did, I netted him around to scare him, it went in further 8O I hope he spits it out or poops it out (unlikely!) the rock is pretty big compared to his anus (tee hee giggle giggle) ive waited since 7th grade to say that word. Oh, anyways, he seems to be breathing better now and isnt as frantic... any other suggestions??

im afraid to net him any other way, im afraid of crushing his head or something. Its in so far now that I can no longer see it. His face is still kinda contorted funny, but he now has closed his mouth (before you could stick a cigarette in it, it was opened that big!)

I don't know... that's strange! But if he starts getting worse again I'd net him. Otherwise it'll probably just keep blocking his gills. :( How's he look now?

He might be okay... plenty of fish in lakes and the ocean swallow objects to large to pass and they survive, right? :D I wouldn't worry too much.

Well right now I have the shop vac ready with my car cleaning attachments... if he can handle my two Whisper 50's he can definately take the shop vac... oh look! what a little trooper! Hes squirming so cute. Oh wait a minute.... where did his insides go?!? :lol: I think he will be fine too... thanks for the re-assurance. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom