Spots on angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone!
I have a 6 year old koi angel that has developed some red spots on him. He has one above his eye and others have appeared along his back. He seems to be acting just fine. He is eating and swimming normally. He’s been more aggressive since he moved to a 60 gallon tank from a 46 gallon about 3 months ago. Is this normal aging or does he have some sort of disease? Please see attached photos. TIA! IMG_8601.jpgIMG_8630.jpg

That is a pretty angel. The affected areas definitely don't look normal. Can you give us more about the tank? What other fish, water parameters and any other info.

That is a pretty angel. The affected areas definitely don't look normal. Can you give us more about the tank? What other fish, water parameters and any other info.
Thank you! He is in a 65 gallon with 3 mature rose line sharks, 2 common plecos, 1 swordfin tetra, and some assasin snails. The tank is a live planted tank. Tank has been cycled and parameters are great and it gets regular water changes. All of the fish seem happy and healthy and everyone is eating great. This angel seems completely normal but has gotten more aggressive since hes been in the larger tank. He splashes me when I open the lid and will charge at me when I get too close.

Back
Top Bottom