Spots on Bala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I am the guy that bought the bala in a tiny little tank and he was in horrable water with an amonia reading of 5, i recently got him into the 10 and going to transfer him into the 55 soon (I know i need a bigger tank, i got a year before i need it) but anyway, i have a question before i transfer him over. He has some black spots on his side that i honostly don't know if he had before, i dont remember seeing them, but i cant be positive, i wont beable to get a picture of it, but im just wondering if this could be any thing serious before i switch him over, thanks alot
Mitch

Moved to the Unhealthy Fish Forum.

How large are the spots? How many of them are there? What do they look like (shape, protruding, etc)?

They are about the size of a period they are not very big at all, there are 4 on his one side the shape of a square, a dot in each corner of a square. And then there is one on the top of his other side. It is about the same color as the black on his fins, there are also a few dots on his fins as well, but i think they were there. I think really that he was just unhealthy in his little 1/2 gallon tank that they had him in, and now that he is healtheir in a little bigger tank those dots are showing but i could be wrong. Because all of his colors have gotten much brighter sense being put in the tank. Also the dots are more square looking than circular.

not getting any comments on this one, does this sound liek a reason i need to keep the bala in a QT tank or is he safe to join the others.
mitch

It may be natural coloring keep a close eye on him. I would prepare a QT if you don't have one, always a good thing to have

Ok i put him in with my other 2 small ones and things look good so far, the 2 small ones are following the big one (With the spots) around like hes their big brother, pretty cool deal. That dead fish got the ammonia up to .25 so that should help to build that bacteria, im going to watch it closely and any signs of an increase ill do a water change. Thanks for the help. BTW i have a QT tank already set up.

Back
Top Bottom