Stationary, vertical betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade Heart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My betta has been restricting herself to the top corner of my tank, near the heater, save for nighttime when she sleeps on one of the suction cups. About two hours ago, she began to orient herself vertically.
She ate a dried bloodworm when I offered it to her, but she didn’t chase after it. I think she’s having difficulty dragging her body around- maybe a swim bladder disorder?

Tank size: 5.5 gal long

Fish: 1 female betta

Other life: Marimo moss ball, green algae on the bottom of the tank, Anubias nana, traces of brown algae (most of which has been replaced by green, which I’ve read to expect as a natural effect of a tank aging)

I’ve had this tank since February; it was cycled for a month before the betta arrived.

Temperature: 82 degrees F (a tad warm, I believe)

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 10 ppm

I left for a few minutes, and she was swimming near the center of the tank, albeit with jerky movements, as if she was exerting great efforts to keep herself horizontal (still droopy...).
She returned to the heater corner again, remaining vertical.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2dx2oOW

Daily 25% water changes with an initial 50% water change. Get some Maracyn 2 and dose in case it is a case of dropsy.

Back
Top Bottom