Still having problems with my fish tank in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crenier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I started on here 2 months ago and its been up and down for Zeus. He is no longer swimming on the bottom of the tank but yesterday he started piping again so i did another water change and added Stress Zyme and Stress Coat to the water. Today I checked the water adn my Ammonia level is finally zero and my Nitrate has coem down to 20 with zero Nitrite...My PH went up to 7.4 though???

Three days ago he had some white thick string looking thing coming out of his head and two days ago he developed what looks like a blood blister in that same spot. I ordered some Melafix as well aquarium salt as I'm not sure which one to use? Was hoping to get some more advice here..It will be another week at least before it gets here though :(

Any suggestions...I'm getting ready to add more pics to his album of the bump and of the Aquarium decor that I put in last week...Hope someone can help!!
Cherie and Zeus

26297-albums810-picture5631.jpg

Last edited:
Fancy Gold with Red Bump??

Ok so I started on here 2 months ago and its been up and down for Zeus. He is no longer swimming on the bottom of the tank but yesterday he started piping again so i did another water change and added Stress Zyme and Stress Coat to the water. Today I checked the water adn my Ammonia level is finally zero and my Nitrate has coem down to 20 with zero Nitrite...My PH went up to 7.4 though???

Three days ago he had some white thick string looking thing coming out of his head and two days ago he developed what looks like a blood blister in that same spot. I ordered some Melafix as well aquarium salt as I'm not sure which one to use? Was hoping to get some more advice here..It will be another week at least before it gets here though :(

Any suggestions...I'm getting ready to add more pics to his album of the bump and of the Aquarium decor that I put in last week...Hope someone can help!!
Cherie and Zeus

26297-albums810-picture5631.jpg

Hopefully JSoong will be on soon, he seems to be the resident goldfish expert! I wish you luck with your little guy!

Can't tell what that spot is .... likely just a minor injury. However, I would watch & make sure that doesn't develop into something else.

Some white crud in the crevices of the "wen" (the head growth) is normal in Orandas. However, if that string is more like a worm, I'd be more worried. ATM, i think a bit of salt & close watching is all you need.

Can't remember what your starting pH is, but 7.4 is just fine for goldies. <Also, pH kit has an error of +/- 0.2 at least, so small changes are prob just test error.>

Back
Top Bottom