Still Need Help, Please Advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoganB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to preface this by saying my wife is not an idiot, in any way. She is actually on of the smartest people I know. The other day, if you remember this thread of mine: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/wokeup-to-3-dead-fish-please-help-162575.html So when I got home later that day, I couldn't find the frog and she told me that she saw the frog was was dead, and flushed it. But what appears to have happened is she thought a rock was the dead frog, because we still have a frog, and I don't believe it's a zombie, although I guess we can't be sure with 100% certainty. We're quite please our frog is alive. but man, he looks weird. He has white dots and his skin is flaky. Is this Ich? What is the appropriate way to treat for Ich with a frog? I read the Ich sticky, and it seems to be fish focused. What would the best course of action be to take, starting now? When the sticky says add salt, is it referring to NaCl or to other types of mineral salts? My water is very soft and pH is 6.8 would getting the water harder and pH bumped up a bit also help? Not to treat the Ich per se, but to improve the tank habitability?

Back
Top Bottom