Strange behaviour from Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveAndLiz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 Bronze Catfish in my tank and for the past day they have been behaving rather oddly...

One has spent the past few hours sitting on top of my filter and the other as found a gap in some leaves and is sitting in a plant. I haven't seen either of them move at all today but they are both breathing.

Any idea what could cause these two to hang about near the top of the tank?

What are your water params? I'm guessing your talking about cory catfish. Corys are naturally timid and are nocturnal in the wild (Although its usually not the case in aquarlums. Corys will be much happier and much more active when you have 4+. You should definately pick up a few more, depending on the size of your tank.

My cories often just rest on leaves. They seem quite content.

DaveandLiz if your water parameters are normal (please post), then the cories are just getting used to their new home. I have 13 in a 50 gal and sometimes they like to hang out on a rock and then swim really fast to the surface; other times, I can't find any of them! But when it's feeding time, they are in the thick of it!

Back
Top Bottom