Strange behaviour in fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a large wakin goldfish and just recently she is going to the top corner near the filter and just resting there. She's not gasping for air, no cuts still eating well.
The tank is cycled I did a water change yesterday and all levels were perfect.
She lives with two comets. If you go over to the tank she swims off she's not there all the time. The tank has two air pumps and internal filter.
Is this behaviour something to worry about she looks very healthy otherwise. Any advice would be great i am going to pet shop tomorrow for supplies so if I need anything that will help her I can get it then.
I thought I'd ask on here first thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

She's going well yeah maybe that's what she's doing? They both go near the air pump too. I was just a bit worried as my fancy used to do that all the time when she had swim bladder.

Hopefully nothing then (as all else looks good). My betta likes to hang around in the filter back flow sometimes (writing his memoirs maybe).

Your fish might just happen to like that corner. Most of my goldfish have a favourite spot in the tank.

I have a large wakin goldfish and just recently she is going to the top corner near the filter and just resting there. She's not gasping for air, no cuts still eating well.
The tank is cycled I did a water change yesterday and all levels were perfect.
She lives with two comets. If you go over to the tank she swims off she's not there all the time. The tank has two air pumps and internal filter.
Is this behaviour something to worry about she looks very healthy otherwise. Any advice would be great i am going to pet shop tomorrow for supplies so if I need anything that will help her I can get it then.
I thought I'd ask on here first thanks everyone

If I read this right you have a Wakin and 2 Comets in a 90 liter tank ? That is only 23.77g. With rocks maybe only 23 gallons.

You need a much larger tank or pond for these fish.

A single Comet should have 40g minimum that's 151 liters for one fish.

If you can't do a pond, try to get them into a 150g /568 liter tank. Filtration should be 4-10x tank size.

Your fish will continue to have problems and will sadly be stunted if you don't change its living quarters.

This link does apply to comets and Wakins as well.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

Goldfish grow FAST. If they aren't growing they are stunting and losing years off their life.
2287a277dd337ec1d994e5f879a0feaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom