Strange fish behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I live in Jakarta when usually the temp can get to 31°C and all my fish are used to it (Yes! Including my rosy barbs and angelfish!)

But sometimes the water is around 26°C before the ich came.

I bought a heater and aquarium salt to treat the ich and when I heat the water to 30°C, my fish swims normally and never goes up. Usually when I come to my room to study, they will go up and beg for food in normal water temperature (24-26°C) This time, no they just swim and only goes up to take an extra breath. Only my angel and goldies does that (Yes, I just realised that I'm not supposed to mix goldies with tropical fishes [emoji51])

Any idea what is happening with my fish when the water is cold? Perhaps an unseen or inner ich?

When ever the water temp goes high you must also increase O2, aeration, like lowering water level if there is a hang on back filter (HOB filter) a couple /few cm for additional splashing, or add an air bubbler.

When ever the water temp goes high you must also increase O2, aeration, like lowering water level if there is a hang on back filter (HOB filter) a couple /few cm for additional splashing, or add an air bubbler.
Ok, increased the O2. What does heat do to ichs and does salt kills the ichs? How long should I do the treatment, I've been doing 50% WC on Monday and today cuz I got the heater on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom