Strange growth on black moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I have a black moor with 2 strange white growths in its side. One appeared a few weeks ago but I thought it was a scale had turned white. After a while it looked like a growth and now there are two. It's in a tank with 2 goldfish and 2 sucker fish. All of them look fine. It is not looking sick. The pet shop wasn't sure but I am treating the tank for white spot but I'm not sure if that's what it is. I though anchor worn but they don't look like any image of worms I could find. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Hi, sorry I thought I had . Will retry thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 40
Joe...

I keep Comets and some common Goldfish, so I understand them a little. Fish problems are more times than not related to water conditions. What is your water change routine? You know Goldfish are heavy waste producers and need their water changed at least weekly and you need to remove and replace most of it to keep the dissolved waste out of the tank. This may be stress related due to higher than normal levels of nitrogen from dissolved waste material.

I wouldn't put chemicals into the tank. This is risky. Gradually work up to the point you're changing out most of the tank water every few days and add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the new, treated tap water. I use a healthy teaspoon in every 5 gallons of new water in my Comet tanks. This will boost the fishes' immune system and pathogens and parasites won't tolerate pure water conditions with a trace of salt.

B

Thanks for the advice. I will defiantly try that. I'd prefer not using any chemicals I don't really need. I usually do a 50% water change every couple of weeks. I will try doing it more often. I do change the filter wool more regularly as it gets dirty very quickly. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks guys. I ended up using Blue Planet rapid white spot remedy and after 6 days the white growths have disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom