Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Endgame319
Strange guppy deaths

Yesterday I bought three male guppies for my 10g hex. That night one of them was staying near the surface, not really swimming around much. The next morning two of the three were dead. The params were 0,0,10, and my betta and cories had lived in there fine without any problems. Could the guppies have died from the shock of a new tank? I acclimated them for 2 hours using the technique in the articles page. What did I do wrong? The last one is looking healthy and lively.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Guppies are probably one of the most imbred species of fish. Because of this, many of the guppies you get from the lfs has weakened imune system and the shock of introduction into a new tank can be dramatic. This may have been why your died.

HTH

Tags
deaths, eat, guppy, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com