strange lump on goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LjGar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently invested in a pair of jade sleeper gobies that I've become very fond of... but I noticed the day after I put them in the tank that one of them has a strange lump on it's side, under it's scales. Is this something I should worry about? It dosn't seem to be getting bigger, and the fish doesn't seem sick at all, but I've never seen this happen before so I don't know if I should be worried at all.

Thanks for any help..

Lucas

First check to see if they eat & if they do as a preventative maintanance, I would soak thier food with Garlic to eliminate all internal parasite if any. Also, its good for them to get regular treatments of garlic in thier foods just as a preventative thing. REMEMBE THE BEST WAY TO TREAT A DESEASE, IS TO PREVENT IT.

Coupla questions LjGar:

The lump, is it located on one side? Or is it even around the abdomen?

Are there any marks on the lump; change in color, anything sticking out, a sign of a wound or entry place for bacteria?

I'm wondering if its either an infection or a tumor, if its not spread evenly across the abdominal area.

Back
Top Bottom