Strange molly behaviour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadeandScott

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my last thread people helped us realise that our fish is apparently pregnant. But she is now swimming length ways across the tank over and over again, very close to the glass.

We have just put in a plant and done a 10% water change. Other than that, nothing else has changed!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-2424655622.jpg
    image-2424655622.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 56
  • image-346734291.jpg
    image-346734291.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 48
Quite a few of my mollies do that during birthing... They alternate between laying still and frantically swimming laps and even tilting at times just before a few fry pop out.

She is doing all that... But her tummy isn't swollen? But we think there's a gravid spot?

JadeandScott said:
She is doing all that... But her tummy isn't swollen? But we think there's a gravid spot?

Usually my fish look like they're going to burst before birth but I have been surprised on many occasions to fry from a mom I thought had a week or so to go.

How long would you say she has left? Two days ago the black spot was barely visible... Today you can see it from the other side of the room!

It's been a week and her tummy doesn't seem to have changed in size?

Back
Top Bottom