Strange spot on new red tail shark fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidnadeau1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Quick bio. 29 gallon tank. Premium substrate rock. Fake plants. 100 watt nat geo heater and tetra brand 30 gallon filter and pump.

Fairly new set up tank. About 3 weeks cycling. Added 8 tiger barbs with a red tail shark three days later once first fish were okay. Now I'm seeing a strange spot on the belly of my red tail shark. I will post a picture but almost looks like a fungus which is very strange considering how tedious I am about the tank. Please let me know if anyone knows that this strange mark is and how I can fix it. Thank you. Also I know tank is too small I'm not asking for that info. 75 gallon tank is cycling now.image.jpg

Last edited:
looks to be a ammonia burn. Your ammonia levels are probably through the roof because you are cycling and added alot of fish

9 fishes at once is never a good idea … give it much time and maybe 2 30% water changes a week for 3 weeks or so , see if it does get any better

Appreciate the advice cichlid.

And other poster is wrong. AMMonia is low as it can be. I said it had already cycled for 3 weeks if you read the post. I was finished when adding the fish.

You should though never add so many at the same time causes spikes

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom