Stressed out platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platycrazy19

Aquarium Advice Activist
at this time i have 2 male guppies 3 male tiger endlers and two females platys. one of my platys I believe has a deformity from birth on her but other than that she is healthy. As of recently my dominate male guppy has been relentlessly chasing my other female platy. He shows no intesest in the other female with the deformity. i'm starting to worry that my other female platy is starting to get stressed from being chased around all the time in an attempt to mate. to make matters worse my female platy with the deformity is now chasing my other female platy (they are both female and this is more territorial). I guess i'm just wondering if my guppy has no interest in the other platy because of her deformity and if I go ahead add another female will it reduce the stress on the one that is being chased now. (also the tiger endlers and my other guppy show little interest in my female platy its only the dominate male guppy) P.S. sorry if this is confusing.

How large is the tank?

If you have the room you could add more Platy females, I'd do more than 1 if you have the room. I'm not totally sure it would help, but it might. Do you have a lot of hiding places in the tank? That might help the female escape him as well.

there's quite a few hiding places so that helps. I only have a ten gallon tank and I know this is small and I am definitely getting at my limits as far as stocking goes. so I may just add one for now to see if that helps. I still think its odd that my female platy with the deformity is chasing my other female. Is this common>

Back
Top Bottom