Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Stringy White Poo

My goldfish has had long, stringy white poo all day. He is eating, and swimming around normally but I'm worried about him. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469051593.249074.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	288122

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey There, do you feed them a variety of food? Maybe some greens? I give my guppies/cichlids boiled peas, with the outer shell removed. (So it can pecked at and is soft) it is a natural laxative for your fish. All the protein they eat can cause constipation. Which is usually what stringy poo means. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-21-2016, 01:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Clear to white stringy poop can also be a sign of internal parasites. You can get a medicated flake food from most independent / good fish stores and online (like Peabody's Paradise http://www.peabodysparadise.com/ )usually have some. I have used, and will use with new fish - one with praziquantel which is where mine came from. Follow the directions. There are different kinds of medicated flakes. See which might work best for your problem.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Clear to white stringy poop can also be a sign of internal parasites. You can get a medicated flake food from most independent / good fish stores and online (like Peabody's Paradise http://www.peabodysparadise.com/ )usually have some. I have used, and will use with new fish - one with praziquantel which is where mine came from. Follow the directions. There are different kinds of medicated flakes. See which might work best for your problem.

Thanks Autumnsky for your answer, that's something I've not known about. Good to learn!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
stringy, white

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com