Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation Sudden Angelfish Death Help ):

I woke up this morning to my baby Angelfish dead under a plant
I have a 36 Bowfront planted tank
Water Parameters
<.25 ammo (Prob from dead fish)
0 nitrite
10-20 nitrate
I'm looking at its body all over and I see nothing wrong with it, it looks perfectly healthy, other then the long clear poop coming out of its rear...

Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like internal parasites to me! What have you been feeding him? Some active ingredients in foods might be a cause for this. What were his symptoms before his death? Common symptom wouldve been lack of apetite.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 10-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

how long was acclimation and how long has it been dead?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Sounds like internal parasites to me! What have you been feeding him? Some active ingredients in foods might be a cause for this. What were his symptoms before his death? Common symptom wouldve been lack of apetite.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
He was perfectly fine when I was feeding him the night before, he's been in there about 2-3weeks and the tank was done fishless cycling for about 3-4weeks. I've been feeding them tetra color, and hikari freeze dried blood worms.
One of my gouramis got sick a week before and bloated up and had weird masses all over his body, I put him in a small hospital tank with and higher dosage of salt to absorb out the bloating, he looked alot better after three days and i change the water everyday. I put him back in the tank and his color was coming back. I dosed the guy with paraguard and melafix while he was in there.

I acclimate my fish with turkey baster and dripping the tank water every 15 minutes.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohitsremi View Post
He was perfectly fine when I was feeding him the night before, he's been in there about 2-3weeks and the tank was done fishless cycling for about 3-4weeks. I've been feeding them tetra color, and hikari freeze dried blood worms.
One of my gouramis got sick a week before and bloated up and had weird masses all over his body, I put him in a small hospital tank with and higher dosage of salt to absorb out the bloating, he looked alot better after three days and i change the water everyday. I put him back in the tank and his color was coming back. I dosed the guy with paraguard and melafix while he was in there.

I acclimate my fish with turkey baster and dripping the tank water every 15 minutes.
Sounds weird when did you first notice his stringy white poo?

Tags
angel, angelfish, death, eat, fish, fish death

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com