Sudden deaths? Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labpig

Aquarium Advice Activist
1~What type of fish is afflicted? I found one of my coral plattys on the bottom of the tank this afternoon, it was 1/2 eaten! It had faded to near gravel colour Yuk
Then that evening a female guppy suddenly floated dead. I think it was pregnant & it had a bruise in one side and a dark red blotch on the otherImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392675415.995511.jpg. The rest seem fine and started whisking about the tank when I approached the tank to remove the deceased. They thought they were going to get fed

2~What are your tank parameters 0-0-5 ph 7.4 25.6 C

3~ How large is the tank? 70L 3 months old

4~What type of filtration are you using? Juwel super. I think it's 400L per hour

5~How many fish are in the tank? See signature please

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? I do a 30% pwc every week. Last change 2 days ago

7~How long have you had the fish? The platty I have had about 2 months. The female guppy I got about 3 weeks ago. It was 1 of 2 I got to stop males fighting

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? No. Nothing

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Flakes and pellets. I haven't changed their feed.
I usually feed 2 flakes and 5 pellets alternate days. Yesterday however I tried the "as much as fish will eat in a minute" so I fed a lot more

Sorry. Don't think signature posted properly

This is what I have now - after the deaths

10x neon tetra
5x five banded barb
1x sunset coral dwarf platty
2x golden oto
2x guppy
1x betta splendens

61x30x43cm 70L Juwel

Update- there's been no further deaths overnight

Anyone any idea what caused these 2 deaths?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom