Sudden Gourami death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valen985

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I'll try to provide as many details as I can in order to get to the bottom of this.

I have a 20 gallon tank, with live plants (mostly grass). I've had the tank for a year or more, but not with the fish I'm having trouble with now. I used to have a large catfish which I had to give away because I didn't want it to be stunted. Of course, I cleaned the tank a bit before adding new fish, but I didn't go overboard because the tank is stable.
Right now there are lots of small snails, three albino glowlight tetras, three neon black tetras and one neon dwarf gouramis. I had one blue dwarf gourami that I had to give back because it was being extremely aggressive and two pearl gouramis that have died out of nowhere. Why have they just died? I've done water quality testing and the water is perfect, the ph is a little high but I acclimated all these fish.

Here are the stats from my testing kits:
Ammonia: ideal
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0-20 safe
hardness: soft
Kh:80
Ph: 7.8

And these water conditions have been consistent for the past week.
Pearl gouramis are really beautiful, I was so sad to see them dead in the mornings (they died at separate times). Am I doing something wrong? Please help because I'd love to be able to keep these fish. Should I wait more time, even though the tank is stable? Will my other little gourami be at risk of dying, too?

** I forgot to add that the pearl gouramis would both stay near the surface, and the dwarf gourami is doing the same now. But there are no other signs of possible illness or ailments, the dwarf looks peaceful and is breathing normally.

That happened to me too. One morning I woke up and it was dead but the rest of the fish were fine

Back
Top Bottom