Sudden honey gourami death with bruising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PikaBu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So one of my gouramis suddenly passed away, she was doing fine the pervious days eating normal and swimming around but this morning I woke up to find her stiff at the bottom of the tank looking like the pictures provided, I'm not sure what happened to her. I was wondering if it could be from blunt trauma like her swimming into the glass too hard. I want opinions of what could have happened to her

My tank has had a fishless cycle 5 months ago and things has been going well for the most part
My current water conditions are
Ammonia 0-0.25ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
And I'm scheduled for a water change today

Any opinions would help thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170804_163015.jpg
    IMG_20170804_163015.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20170804_162933.jpg
    IMG_20170804_162933.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 123
I have 7 harlequins, 5 Julli cories, 4 honey gouramis, 5 golden barbs and 2 bolivian rams
But I have never seen any sort of aggression towards the gouramis, occasionally the rams would chase each other and that's about it, never any damage done

The bleeding under the skin looks like the gourami took several hits.

I have seen this kind of bleeding a lot of times in the years I have been dealing with fish.

Its not the bleeding that kills the fish. Its the trama and the fish goes into shock.

Dwarf and honey gourami do shock easy when tramatized.

As for who did it. My first guess would be another gourami. But cant be sure.

Back
Top Bottom