Super aggressive molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spookie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my male mollies has suddenly become extremely aggressive. He was terrorizing all fish in my 36g community tank, chasing them and biting them... I decided to move him to my goldfish tank (that is about 75 degrees because my apartment is so hot) just to see how he would do, and he bit chunks out of their fins in one night and constantly chased them. My only other tanks had bettas, so knowing it was probably a bad idea, I put him with one just for the time being. He bullied that poor betta until he was hiding in his little log, afraid to leave it at all. The molly is now sitting in a little tupperware container, I have no idea what to do with him. I can't return him to the pet store immediately since I live in the city without a car, and no fish stores are near me. Any suggestions? He wasn't always this mean!

Unfortunately, fish do have personalities and some times they can be just plain mean.

You could consider putting him in a group with other mollies - this could curb aggression but there are no guarantees.

Back
Top Bottom