Super fat neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Yesterday I noticed that one of my neons was extremely fat. I dont know why, so thats why im here for help.
1)10g
2)4neon tetras are only fish
3) last time water change was wednesday this week
4) usually remove 20%, been a bit lazy lately so the changes were varying from every 2-4weeks
5)new stuff in tank only some new plants and substrate but been over a month

Need more info to diagnose just ask.

Sounds like it is filled with eggs, but it could be a disease. Does it shoal with tank mates or is it reclusive? Is it losing its color? Are its scales pointing outwards like a pinecone?

Would you upload a photograph?

Okay,will upload pic today.
1) not sure
2)no
3)no

I also havent fed them for awhile so I dont think he/she is bloated. Is it safe to feed it, because im worried it will even worse mess up its size, so i havent fed in awhile? The other fish are normal stomach area size, but i cant only give foood to them because the fat neon will eat it too. What should I do?

I havent fed my fish in a week because of the fat neon. Should I try some deshelled peas?

Note: This neon has been fatter then normal for a long time. Now it is just way fatter.

Okay, if there are eggs, then what should I do?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I guess just hope for the best, prepare for the worst?

If it is a disease it could be dropsy or bloating there is not much diseases that cause the fish to swell up besides the two I just named if it did not pass yet it's probably just pregnet

Still the same. I guess it is just pregnant. Now, Im just wondering how that happened. I probably have a male, but my tank isn't set up for their breeding needs.
Also, they lay eggs so why would it not drop them?

Okay. Do you know any answers to the questions I have tubscichlids?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom