Swim bladder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shana0310

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just looking for confirmation. If so, since she's pooping should I bother giving her peas?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430059632.138418.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430059644.977856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is she having trouble swimming at all? If not, that doesn't look like a swim bladder problem. From the pictures, it looks like she's about to have babies!

Really?? No problems swimming. I just looked at her yesterday and I would swear she didn't look like that. Shows what I know. I'll keep an eye out and see what happens. Don't really need any more fish. The male keeps chasing her away. Just like a man! Lol

Do you see pine coning?
Search it if you don't know what I mean(dropsy/swelling).
A fish would not look like that over nigh for any good reason.
Seeing the male in the photo I would be surprised if she was NOT prego.
Swords don't need to "see" a man for over 6 months and still produce fry!
They are made to reproduce.

I'll look it up. I do have 2 females that look very similar. Perhaps I was looking at the other.

I kinda feel like I should give the fye a shot rather than just letting them get eaten. But I don't have room for more fish. Do LFS take fish once they are big enough? Or is that a ridiculous notion? Could I put her in a 5 gallon QT tank? Or should I leave her where she is?

I'll do some research as well tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Leave her where she is.
You may have survivors if there are hiding spots.
Or from any of the other females!
They'll do this every month!

Good to know. Thanks for all the help. I haven't had the swordtails very long. I've only had tetras and catfish before. If they've
ever been pregnant before I've never known. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom