Swim bladder disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mylycanslove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I took this video of my fish on 11/5. You can see how "she" isn't swimming well. I treated her in a hospital tank with Lifeguard for 6 days. She seemed to have improved, so I reintroduced her to the main tank (33 gal with one other moor that had had a 60% water change done on 11/6) and she seemed to be alright for a day or so. I went to feed them tonight and found what looks like a bleeding sore on her left side. This can be seen in the picture.
Anyone know what this is? If so, how can I treat it? I am afraid that my poor fish is suffering and going to die :(

View attachment 207670

20131114_215845.jpg

Last edited:
Your video did not post or I am unable to view it from my computer. Not sure which is the case.

Earlier in the summer, I suggested that investing in a liquid test kit for your testing parameters in an uncycled tank, drastically improving your water change/maintenance schedule from once every month or so, stopping the toxic chemicals being added and addressing improving their diet. Was any of this advice taken into consideration?

She has a very serious internal bacterial infection and secondary fungal infection setting in as the result of living in a very unhealthy environment, poor diet and even further exposure to toxic chemicals. Treating her will require pristine water and a healthy environment in addition to antibiotic medicated food (such as MediGold) unless an aquatic vet is an option. Additional measures may be necessary as well.

Back
Top Bottom