Swim bladder disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boffer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 guppys and 1 Catfish Dwarf suckers in my 350 liter tank, one of my guppys are dead, another Guppy is swimming on its back, 2 of them are very fat, and only staying at one spot, so maybe I have over feed them, ore they have parasites?

I did put some new plants in a week ago, could the plants have had something on them that make them sick?

I put 12 grams Epsom salt in my 350 liters aquarium, and will not feed them for one day, and then I will feed them peas for 3 days, is this a good plan, ore what should i do next?

Water:
Kh : 18
GH : 20
Ph 8
Ammonia : 0
Nitrit : 0
Nitrat : 12

Temperature:
23 c

Here is a video i toke

https://youtu.be/rxHQvOy1JUw

He does look bloated, constipation could be a factor. How long has the tank been set up and how long have you had the fish. Is the gh/kh measured in degrees of hardness? That seems like unusually hard water but I doubt that is a problem unless you just added them recently and they weren’t used to it. Guppies are quite adaptable.

The aquarium has been up in 3 months, and the guppys has been in 2 months, the first month they were active, then they got more lazy.

The gh/kh measured in hardness

I kill the the one that was swimming on its back I couldn't stand it was suffering it was a hard choice =(

I meant what units. Looks like degrees of hardness so you have quite hard water. (If it was ppm it would be very very soft)

Any signs of parasites? If not try fasting ; feeding peas and feeding much less

I meant what units. Looks like degrees of hardness so you have quite hard water. (If it was ppm it would be very very soft)

Any signs of parasites? If not try fasting ; feeding peas and feeding much less

Yeah might be degrees, it's very hard water.

I don't know, I don't know the signs I will read up on and come back

Ok I will do as you describe thank you

Ok after Reading on Google on the signs of parasite, the only sign I can see is the swimming behaviour they're trying to stay upright but they are tilting up words and they're staying on the top or just one spot, there's only one of them there's behaving normally. but I don't know if it's a sign of parasite.

The classic thing to look for to indicate parasites is sunken or distended stomach and white stringy poop.

How much and how often do you feed these guys?

The classic thing to look for to indicate parasites is sunken or distended stomach and white stringy poop.

How much and how often do you feed these guys?

I feed them 2 time a day, what they can eat in 2 min, is that too much?

Yeah definitely too much especially since they’re obviously overweight. Back way off on food and when you do feed give some cooked /chopped /shelled peas.

If by salt you mean epsom salt then yes I’ve read that could help but don’t personally have experience with it.

Yeah definitely too much especially since they’re obviously overweight. Back way off on food and when you do feed give some cooked /chopped /shelled peas.

If by salt you mean epsom salt then yes I’ve read that could help but don’t personally have experience with it.

Thanks for the answer, The 3 of them there is sick will not eat the peas :(

I did a salt bath whit epsom salt yesterday and today they are not improve, one of them is just laying on the bottom and almost not moving, should I kill it ore should I wait?

Also I have another guppy in my quarantine tank, it's acting totally normal and I have feedet as much as the others.

I personally don’t euthanize unless the condition is something I know I can’t treat or I believe the chance of improvement is low enough and the fish seems to be in enough pain/distress that it doesn’t seem worth it. Where that line is is a personal decision. There is a thread in this forum on humane methods of euthanasia if you would like to make sure you’re doing it as gently as possible if it comes to that.

For something that may just be simple constipation I personally would provide immaculate water (daily water changes if necessary) and time. And try feeding peas again in a couple days. And of course close observation to see if there is any hint that something else might be going on.

Sadly one of my guppyes was almost not moving, so I decided to euthanize it white Clove Oils, the another one there is also sick I have feedet it squash and peas again, but I don't think it will improve :(

But I still have one guppy, there is acting totally normal, so I don't know why it's not affected. :/

I got a bunch of plants and 5 Panda Corys, and 1 guppy in my quarantine aquarium, I'm going to move over when the it has been in there in a month, but now when i got sick fish, when can I move them over to my tank where the sick fish is in?

I just noticed there is some small white worms crawling on my glass is that parasites?
They are 1 to 2 millimetres long, should I be worried about them? and what can I do to get rid of them, rather than clean them away?

Best not to add fish to a system where something is sick in case it is something contagious.

Small worms are likely detritus worms or planaria not likely a problem.

Okay i will see if my fish get better, thanks for the answer

But do i then have to disinfect everything, before putting fish in? ore can I put medication they will fix it?

Depends; there are a few diseases that are nasty enough that you need to sterilize a tank that has had an outbreak. I think it’s unlikely this is one of those situations. I’d say once it’s been a week or two since you’ve had any signs of illness in the tank it’s probably safe to add your fish from quarantine (assuming they’ve been symptom free too of course)

Depends; there are a few diseases that are nasty enough that you need to sterilize a tank that has had an outbreak. I think it’s unlikely this is one of those situations. I’d say once it’s been a week or two since you’ve had any signs of illness in the tank it’s probably safe to add your fish from quarantine (assuming they’ve been symptom free too of course)

After giving it squash, The one guppy fish that was sick, is getting better and try to escape the Net, so I released it, I will keep feeding it squash, and see if it gets all well.
Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom