Swim bladder disorder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldmoon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Swim Bladder Disorder
Hello everyone! A few days ago I rescued a male Crowntail betta from my local pet store because he was floating in his cup and could not keep himself upright. I brought him home, put him in a bowl (temporarily— just because he won’t have to struggle with any current from filters and its not too deep so he can try to swim down). I’m trying really hard to help this little guy and I tried fasting him— he’s bloated pretty bad— and giving him cut frozen peas after a day and keeping his tank extra clean. I was wondering if anyone had any advice that could help me to help little Claude out. I’ve done extensive research on swim bladder disorder before but this is my first time actually trying to cure it. I decided to try to help him because I figured that he was probably going to die in his cup anyways and it would be worth a try to save him but I fear that he won’t make it. If anyone has experience with successfully treating this I would appreciate some advice on what to do next. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom