Swim bladder or another infection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeaElizabeth423

Aquarium Advice Regular
Fish will still swim but most the time lays at the bottom of the tank. He flashes and still acts fine sometimes though. Is this a disease, infection, or something worse? I don't understand what is going on. Research is not helping me.

Fish will still swim but most the time lays at the bottom of the tank. He flashes and still acts fine sometimes though. Is this a disease, infection, or something worse? I don't understand what is going on. Research is not helping me.

As usual start with water parameters. I assume all the other fish are acting normally though?

He didn't really look like he was moving unusually or anything from the video (besides hiding). Is it possible he's getting picked on by another fish and is just hiding? Or is he the only platty? I haven't kept them but I thought I remembered reading that they liked being in groups? If so he could just be hiding because he doesn't feel secure?

He passed away. I believe it was a swim bladder problem. He wasn't being picked on but was the only platy in the tank. I had more but my tank broke out in disease and I treated it and the other died... So... Now I have no platies. Just guppies, 3 rosy tetras, and 6 glolight tetras.

Back
Top Bottom