switch from melafix to something else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiebug

Aquarium Advice Regular
so I have a different post going where jlk has been helping me out. I used melafix for 4 days so far with large water changes, but I am no longer seeing the results I want and would like to switch to a different bacteria med. can I just start using different meds or do I need to do some wcs or something??

my oldest, very large goldfish was the original to show symptoms (clamping fins, red in color, lethargic, fraying fins) and now he only has red tips in his fins, very frayed fins, and brown spots on his scales. my other little fantail developed an ulcer on his underbelly and now it is very large. I figured out that the problem was dirty water... water changes helped.

I took the small fish and swabbed his wound with peroxide and attempted to put triple antibiotic ointment on the wound. I also swabbed the large goldfishs fins with peroxide (and now they are more ragged).

so can I just switch bacteria meds? and can I do a parasite treatment at the same time ?

Back
Top Bottom