Swollen stomach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:9 im sprry for your loss as well and right now my yellow lab is going through the same thing:( im going to get meds now sad to see him go if he does is my dominate male:(

I'm sorry to hear you're fishy is going through the same. I hope you'll be able to help your fish. At least you've seen here the advise we received. Hope it'll help.

well i looked at my lfs and i found pimafix which says it helps with interal and external bacteria...will this help?i looked for other medicines but they did not carry them :( i hope he doesnt die. i checked in on him when i got home he doesnt look to good he moved down inton a cave and is lieing on the sand trying to swim :cry: sad to see him suffer

Hi,

I know what you're going through with your fish. It's awful. I'm not familiar with Pimafix, but if it says it's a medication for internal bacteria, I would think it should work. I got this answer on another forum saying that with livebearers (I'm not familiar with yellow lab) these kind of things are seen often. The person thought it's most likely viral and not really treatable. Guppies often get the sunken stomach problem, but mollies can be prone to it as well.
That was a reply from someone else, but it's one possibility as well. I hate illnesses in fish that you can't tell clearly what it is and treat it knowing you're treating the right thing.

The main thing is to try to help with our best abilities. Hope your fishy ends up well.

yellow lab is yellow labidichromis and is a lake malawi cichlid:) they are prone to malawi bloat which he might have and is sometimes hard to treat:( but im starting my treatment today will keep updating

Back
Top Bottom