Tail Shrinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my guppies tail is shrinking - no visible damage, bites or white fungus just shorter than it was before.

The guppies are fine in themselves (this particular one hangs out near the bottom of the tank occasionally but in general he is swimming with the others) - they chase each other on occasions but not seeing this guy being picked on.

All the other guppies are fine but two of the blue guppies have some red in their tail - not a sore or open just appears a little red (almost as if it was always there but I don't think it was).

They are all swimming around fine.

I have a rabbit snail so if meds are the recommendation please bear this in mind.

Water parameters - 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrite and 20 nitrate - water changes - 30% weekly - use Seachem prime as the conditioner.

How old are your guppies? Does the tail looks greyish or discolored at all?

I have had them about 6 months - the tail doesn't look greyish on this guy (although another one has a slight grey spot on his).

The little guy with the shrinking tail was breathing heavily yesterday and not moving around a lot but seems better this morning (put Melafix in yesterday as a precaution).

Back
Top Bottom