Tank Overheating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexjdavis19

Aquarium Advice Regular
My heater is set at about 78, but my tank is way up at around 84 right now. Why is this? Could it be the high temperature in my home? Possibly a lower water level (it's about an inch low because I did a WC today and doing another tomorrow for cycling)?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How hot is it in the room? Most heaters aren't that accurate in terms of the setting. Have you tried turning it down?

The room is probably around 80 degrees. I turned the heater down and the fish seem much happier now and the thermometer reads 80 degrees, which still a little high for my little tetras.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could be a combination of multiple things. As mentioned lights and room temp are a couple things , also any pumps and power heads also create heat from the motors in them.
You can put a small fan( like a clip on desk fan ) that would blow across the surface of the water. I had the same problem and rigged up some small box fans like the ones that are used in computers.

Back
Top Bottom