Temp treatment for ich question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_ice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've noticed that one of my yellow sunset suns has got 3 little white spots on her tail. Now I've read the ICH FAQ on this forum and turned the temp up to 80 since I'm not sure if this type of fish will cope beyond 80. Should I increase the temp to 86 as the FAQ suggests?

I've kept the temp at 80 for 2 days now and the spots are still there.

The temps have to be at 86 or the ich will not die. Increase the temps slowly a degree every 12 hours and watch her reaction to it. I am sure she will be fine though.

I see. I just want to make sure that they can cope with the high temp. Thanks for your advice Zagz :)

Anyway, remember my pregnant fish? I think she's spawned but I couldn't find any frys at all :(

I don't know what a sunet sun is, but treating ich with heat only is not a sure bet. The addition of salt will make a world of difference.

Swords would be fine with a touch of salt to kill off ich. Keep in mind, the salt level needs to be raised by such a small degree that only the one-celled ich will be affected and not the fish.

Once the last spot is gone, keep up treatment for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom