tetra help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcos88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
***guppy not tetra***
Hi guys new member and just a question to start. I have a male guppy that seems like it is bloated around the stomach area. It's coloration is normal and my tank parameters are all good chemically. It seems to be swimming in the middle and bottom of tank slowly and only sometimes swims around with the other fish. It's a 30 gallon tank and has been about a month since I got it. Water was cloudy few weeks ago and cleared up and again all the parameters are good (Nitrite/PH/alkalinity etc.). Any ideas what it could be??

asdf.jpeg

there is a picture... you can see the stomach is bloated

Hello welcome to AA. Are you sure thats a tetra? If so what type? Because it looks like a guppy.... If so it could be pregnant or over fed... Sorry if i looked at the picture wrong.

wrong title

yeah sorry about that i edited it after i posted it... it is a male guppy ... i was only feeding once a day and the other two guppys seem perfectly fine...

Re:

haha yea definately not preggo... i started feeding them less the past three days and nothing has really changed... is there anything I can do to help him digest? i read somewhere thawed inside of peas? any idea if that will help

Ya peas will help, but this happens to my angel fish alot and he just poops alot the next day... Haha

Haha ok cool good to know it isnt anything else ... appreciate it

I am not the desiese expert, but its probably just a bit of bloating, there are probably other things that could possibly be wrong

Hi,
Try fasting a few days then feeding a blanched, deshelled, crushed pea and see if he improves. Are there any scales sticking out? It could be dropsy. What are the exact numbers of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If its not 0, 0, and under 20ppm it could be contributing to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom