Tetra Salt Tolerance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pstant

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have Ich in my tank and want to do a salt treatment. I have 2 skirt tetras (one is blue on top with a white bottom and the other pink on top with a white bottom). I have a 10 gallon tank. I have read conflicting things all over the internet. I have seen 1 teaspoon per gallon and also 2-3 teaspoons per gallon. However my salt package says 2 tablespoons per 10 gallons (aka 6 teaspoons) Anyone have any input? I believe tetras are somewhat intolerant to salt but I just want to know how much I should add to help with the ich while being ok for my tetras.

Thanks.:fish2:

I have Ich in my tank and want to do a salt treatment. I have 2 skirt tetras (one is blue on top with a white bottom and the other pink on top with a white bottom). I have a 10 gallon tank. I have read conflicting things all over the internet. I have seen 1 teaspoon per gallon and also 2-3 teaspoons per gallon. However my salt package says 2 tablespoons per 10 gallons (aka 6 teaspoons) Anyone have any input? I believe tetras are somewhat intolerant to salt but I just want to know how much I should add to help with the ich while being ok for my tetras.

Thanks.:fish2:

The best thing to do is raising the temp. Salt may harm them.

Back
Top Bottom