Tetra sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should I do the salt right away or wait to see if the water change fixes things?

I would do a water change, gravel clean the substrate, clean the filter and glass, then add salt. If the red line is bacterial, the sooner you start treating, the more chance of success.

I got a good amount of the algae cleaned off and did a large water change so I guess I'll add the salt rn. There's still some algae and stuff but I ran out of time cause the water level was getting low.

Just want to double check that this is the correct amount of salt?? It looks like enough to make my tank ready for ocean fish lol.

Attachments

• 2CD74CE7-E2CA-4CCC-8C1F-23D1D1AF61F8.jpg
    2CD74CE7-E2CA-4CCC-8C1F-23D1D1AF61F8.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 11
I have no idea how much salt is in that cup. :)

If you used a tablespoon from the kitchen, use 2 heaped tablespoons of salt for the 20 gallon tank. If there's no improvement after 48 hours, add another 2 heaped tablespoons of salt.

Oh I thought u said 1 per 5 gallons so that's 4 tbs which just looks like a lot to me

How much water should I mix it with?
Nvm I'm just mixing it with 1 cup of water but adding it super slowly

Oh ok I only did 2 tbs so far. Should I add the other 2 or can I just wait and see if 2 is enough.

Did the other 2 and not much has changed. For some reason it's been pooping all day so idk what that means.

Attachments

• 34A9F8F5-6CB5-4FAB-AB20-5841A590B6C7.jpg
    34A9F8F5-6CB5-4FAB-AB20-5841A590B6C7.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 10
You can try a broad spectrum medication that treats bacteria and fungus. Methylene Blue does both and is pretty safe but it wipes out filter bacteria and stains things blue so use it in a separate container. If that doesn't help then maybe an antibiotic but I don't know which one or what is available.

You can leave the salt in the tank while you use Methylene Blue or other medications.

Back
Top Bottom