thin flying fox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vicshaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 flying foxes, but I have noticed that 1 of them has become all thin and behaves very strangely.
He is always at the top of the tank or on the filter and seems to hover there all the time. What do you think this is?

How and what do you feed them? And what size tank do you have?

My tank is a 30cm x 45cm.
They feed on the algae in the tank and the normal flaked food.

It is always best to drop in some sinking tablets for bottom feeders. I drop in a combination of sinking algae tablets and sinking shrimp tablets. Each day they get one or the other.

Also your tank is nowhere big enough for 2 flying foxes. You need a minimum of a 20 gallon tank with plenty of caves for hiding as the older these fish get the more aggressive they get to each other. One of your foxes is probably picking on the other one and stealing most of the food. These guys can get up to 6 inches in size (15 cm).

Oh yeah I do feed them sinking algae wafers too. They share them with the plecos.
You'll be pleased to hear that just today all of my fish were transferred into a much larger tank-3 1/2 foot.
They already seem much happier!

Back
Top Bottom