Think I'm going to lose another one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So every fish in the tank has white stringy poop, I don't know what the hell is going on, I have a sentani that's breathing hard at the upper part of the tank, not gasping at the surface but breathing rapidly, I dosed prazi yesterday and lost as many have seen my Irian red yesterday morning, I have read that sometimes fish have internal parasites and that prazi can make it worse because of I don't know, should I do a big water change to lower the level of prazi in the tank? I actually underdosed it at 2 teaspoons for approx 50 gallons this is really frustrating me.

Might try mixing one level tablespoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) in 17 oz (500 milliliters) of distilled water. Use an eyedropper to soak the fish food. Feed 2x a day.
Unless you added some new stock, already infested w/ bad bugs, chances are something food related screwed up your Rainbows digestive system causing a spironucleus infection.
I got this treatment suggestion from a thread on MFK, written by one of the sites big time fish gurus.

Might try mixing one level tablespoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) in 17 oz (500 milliliters) of distilled water. Use an eyedropper to soak the fish food. Feed 2x a day.
Unless you added some new stock, already infested w/ bad bugs, chances are something food related screwed up your Rainbows digestive system causing a spironucleus infection.
I got this treatment suggestion from a thread on MFK, written by one of the sites big time fish gurus.
I think it's a combination, tubifex messed them up, prazi stressed them out more so I did a 50% water change, there's still some prazi in the tank but he seems to be doing a smidge better, not much though and he won't eat, might have to do Epson salt bath if he makes it, I've been babysitting the tank for 4 hours cause the other fish will not leave him alone, he's trying to poop but he's constantly getting bugged, one of my kangaroo creeks protect him from the other sentani thinking it's play time tried making a hospital tank but I don't have anything avd I think moving him will stressed him out more, I feel if he can pass whatever it is he'll be fine but not sure.

The Irian died in less than 4 hours of adding the prazi, he's doing better than the iruan but I don't forsee him making it avd I can't stay awake all day and babysitter them.

I'm not a fan of any type of freeze dried worm / larva. I actually have an allergic reaction
(Itchy eyes) to freeze dried bloodworms dust. Hope he makes it.

Back
Top Bottom