Tiger Barb going blind ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KWRB-KMAN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all i have a Tiger barb about 10 years old that has white spots on its eyes and the way it was swimming in to things i was wondering if the blindness is caused just by age or what i do my 20% water change every week and about a full one about every month to month and a half depending on life lol if you need more info just ask

Wait...your tier barb is 10 years old?! I would imagine that that's a pretty natural effect of aging...What kind of set up do you have? I think that barb is pretty much spent. Have you introduced any new fish lately?

i'd say its probably due to age! ten years for a fish in a tank is pretty long...
but one thing...i dont think you need to do a full water change...if the tank looks a little more gross or something...just do a larger water change, like a 50% or 60% but i wouldnt do a full water change..but thats just my opinion

no new fish i think the barbs just might eat them unless i get them the same size and i just can afford that lol thanks guys i figured that i just wanted some confermation

Back
Top Bottom