Tiger barb injury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldguru

Aquarium Advice Regular
my largest female green barb was found this AM trapped inside a tank decoration.(sunken plastic airplane)
she had gone in thru 1 of the larger windows & tried to get out 1 she could not fit thru.
unknown how long she was stuck but enough struggling to rub off the scales on her head approx 3/16 in in dia.
its doesnt appear to have broken the skin,not red or bleeding.
dunno if she was looking for a spawning spot for she is also prego i believe.far plumper in the belly than any of the other 13.

38g tank has 9 zebra danio's 14 T-barbs & 2 plecos & ~20 mts snails.
temp 78F A, & N's are good.
tank is well planted & has a sponge,penguin 200 & whisper 40.
I've turned off my wave marker & the lights.

trying to slow the current down so she can get some rest, I dont have another tank which is same temp with lower current.

she was hiding from the lights untill they were turned off now she settled @ the lower suction of the 200 allowing herself to be pulled up against it to rest?

ocassionaly she makes a mad dash to the surface like she wants to jump out,which i'm assuming is the pain of her wound looking for relief.

I have a tank I'm just setting up to raise daphnia in but it has no heater only running an airstone & is 8F cooler,so i think the extra stress of the move & cooler temp would be a death sentence.

questions are

1 how long does it take to regrow the scales?
2 what to look for in regard to wound becoming worse?
3 before this occured her breathing (mouth movement is 2-3 x the other barbs of her size) i thought that was due to the extra belly shes packing around?

wound vid

https://youtu.be/0JKONPHxi7M

trap vid she went in the hole @ beginning & was trapped in the window on the other side @ end of vid

https://youtu.be/BI28enqqm90

Back
Top Bottom