Tiger Barb, Whats Wrong With Him???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys

One of my Tiger Barb appears to be sick and I don't know what's wrong. All of the other barbs are together except this one. He was acting "normal" up till recently.
He is always alone to the back of the tank, or in the plants, also the fins look like they have been nipped at. I'm really concerned, and to top it off sometimes when I'm observing him he swims downwards and sometimes just remain still at the bottom of the tank. He also trembles/ shake when moving around.

What could possible be wrong and how can I help him?

I have also been treating my tank for ich and the fishes that was affected appear to be healing well.
I have Six (6) Barbs in total 2tiger 2green and 2albino

Thanks allot guys for the help!

image-3805948913.jpg That's him swimming downwards

Attachments

• image-1480736608.jpg
    image-1480736608.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image-777030749.jpg
    image-777030749.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2333768544.jpg
    image-2333768544.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 77
He could be being picked on by the other barbs. Is he newer than your others? Is he showing any ich spots?

I had 11 tb's over 1 year...sad to say but they are the biggest fin nippers toward one another...they will nip at one till it dies, then the next weakest link will be nipped on, then next, so on and so on....I am down to 4 from all the nipping...they had me busy I always had one in the qt till I got fed up...I will never get these fish again, although I did enjoy them but I just dont like all that nippy business

He could be being picked on by the other barbs. Is he newer than your others? Is he showing any ich spots?
They all was bought the same time, so I guess they all r family
He or any of the other barbs has signs of ich

I had 11 tb's over 1 year...sad to say but they are the biggest fin nippers toward one another...they will nip at one till it dies, then the next weakest link will be nipped on, then next, so on and so on....I am down to 4 from all the nipping...they had me busy I always had one in the qt till I got fed up...I will never get these fish again, although I did enjoy them but I just dont like all that nippy business
I think that's it, I'll separate him and let him heal
So do u recommend I keep other type barbs, or are they all the same (green and albino that is) ?

Green and albino are just color variations if the tiger. You'd have the same nipping with any of them.

Green and albino are just color variations if the tiger. You'd have the same nipping with any of them.
I had green, albino, and reg....they all are notorious fin nippers....I wish I would have did my homework before getting them verse after I got them....but I grew to like them and now I only have a few....

Thanks guys, this would be a hard one for me because I have already grown to love them....
So I guess il have them till they nip each other out... :(

I think he is getting better, because tonight when I came home he was actually in d open, and swimming around (but not with the skool) so that's good, he is healing. Don't want to get to excited yet!

Did you try stress-zyme? This product is very good for those nipped fins also it relaxes the fish.

Thanks guys, this would be a hard one for me because I have already grown to love them.... So I guess il have them till they nip each other out... :(
I currently have 4 gtb 3atb and 4tb, they interact within their school aswell as let my platy's and Molly hang out with them wherever they go. (Weird) I know. Maybe you need a few more barbs. I hear the bigger the school the lower the aggression. If your tank is too small for more barbs. Try a mirrored back? Appears to make the school 2x as large

Back
Top Bottom