Tiger Barbs losing shape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody

I never realised there was a place that could help me with my freshwater pals. Hope you guys can help.

I have a 30 gallon planted Tiger Barb tank. I never had any problems until recently. I lost one last week and now it looks like I am going to lose another. They are all very active (12 of them) it's just that they seem to be losing shape. Barbs have this beautiful diamond shape to them but mine are beginning to look triangular. The lower part of their body is straigtening out. :( The same thing happened to the first one that died and now I have another with the same 'symptom'.

Any ideas.

Christy

Christy,

If your Tiger Barbs are anything like mine, they always seem ravenous. Try feeding them twice a day

Flake twice a day and bloodworms 3 times a week maybe. Whatever they'll eat without fouling the tank. You could also try glass worms, brine shrimp, tubifex, and freeze dried daphnia. I just can't think of anything else that might be causing your trouble other than a nutritional deficiency.
Logan J

Thanks guys. Will feed them twice a day and will let you know how they're doing. Once again thanks.

Thanks guys. Will feed them twice a day and will let you know how they're doing. Once again thanks.

Back
Top Bottom