Tiny white dots on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Came home from vacation to these white dots on the aquarium walls. Doesn't look like planaria to me. What could it be? I have nerites, so not baby nerites, but maybe baby snails from plants? I treated them with h2O2 before planting but still. Thoughts???

image-2007145447.jpg

image-2942885694.jpg

Well. Just found a pond snail. EFFFFFFFF. I worked so hard trying to prevent them.

So tiny white dots are baby snails most likely right?

Snails.....grrrrr. I have too many pond , MTS & Ramshorns in all 3 of my tanks. Have Zebra loaches in one tank & 1 Assasin in each of the other tanks. Think I need to get a lot more Assasins!

You should see how many are in my cannister filter when I clean it.

Lol I think many people are prejudiced against snsils like pond and rams horns for no reason, they do no harm to your tank they help clean up any algae, uneaten food, or DECAYING plant matter! IME the best way to control their reproduction is to watch out how much food is available for them, generally they will only produce the amount of offspring that can be sustained:)

Lol I think many people are prejudiced against snsils like pond and rams horns for no reason, they do no harm to your tank they help clean up any algae, uneaten food, or DECAYING plant matter! IME the best way to control their reproduction is to watch out how much food is available for them, generally they will only produce the amount of offspring that can be sustained:)

Well stated. Those people with population explosions of pond snails are at fault. If they fed less there would be fewer snails :D

Well stated. Those people with population explosions of pond snails are at fault. If they fed less there would be fewer snails :D

My population problem is plants. I can't get the bad leaves out before those buggers breed like rabbits. I don't overfeed at all (possibly underfed).

Beyond that though, pond snails are so ugly to me. Ramshorns and mts are at least attractive, if I had to pick a "pest". Would still rather just have my nerites and mysteries. Oh well! I'll be better about taking them out right when I see the pond snails.

Back
Top Bottom