To clout or not to clout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just treated for Fungus Guard thinking I might have TB on my hands, Plus Aquarium salt (2 tablespoons its a 20 gallon) Well I did 2 rounds of Guard. Everyone stopped the weird tail changing shape, and the ones with only slight symptoms perked and "cured". The original ones (Patients I think brought whatever it was in.) I put down this evening because no improvement, white poo, and strange black dots (might be coloration)

Symtoms:
Sunken in belly
White poo
Still eat though?
2 showed a kinked tail
1 still had odd rocket shaped tail

The fish with above symptoms put down this evening. This leaves 4 survivors.

What should I use to treat the tank to make sure everyone else doesn't get sick.

I have the following:
Clout 5 pills given to me by a friend
Pima fix
Melafix
Fungus Guard
Methylene blue

What to do?

So far you haven't treated for parasites yet which sounds like your problem, yes Clout works but its like a nuclear bomb to kill ants. I'd recommend a few treatments of General Cure or Prazipro before Clout is used. Not only will it stain your silicone blue it can also effect the biological filter, they say it doesn't but I've had wipe it out.

I use Clout as a final hail marry pass when all other options have failed at what ever I'm trying to kill.

Plus if the fish is still eating the absolute best method is ingestion of the medication, either purchase medicated food or soak your pellets or flakes in the meds listed above.

http://www.angelsplus.com/MedsParasite.htm

Last edited:
I don't want to sound heartless, These fish are nothing but a headache. I got them for free with some plants. I might just give them back to the pet store, and tell them to take their problem back. You know what they say about looking a gift horse in the mouth?

I would euphanize the fish then, returning sick fish back to the store to potentially infect other fish is bad idea.

Hey i know this post is super old but did the clout work for you? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom