Too much sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darlingfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got a 20 gallon tank with two orandas. I let the tank stabilize for a month and added aquarium starters. My tank was a little foggy but passed all the chemical tests so I put the fish in. At first they were as happy as could be but now they have ich that won’t fo away. I tried medication and all that but no use. They aren’t scratching against rocks like normal fish with ich so it makes me wonder if it’s something else. The one fish came with tattered fins, I assumed by the looks it must’ve been bullied by another fish but it looks like it’s getting worse. That fish now mainly lays at the bottom, it sometimes swims around and hangs out with the other one but mainly sleeps. When it tries to eat it just spits it out, I don’t think it’s ate since it got ich. It’s only been about a week. I don’t know what to do!

Please help me!!!

Did you cycle the tank properly before adding fish or done a fish in cycle since adding them?

Simply running a tank for a few weeks wont do anything to make it safe to add fish.

What do you mean by passed all the chemical tests? If you didn't cycle the tank, then all you are testing is tap water, not that your cycle has established and can maintain safe water parameters.

I did cycle it. But I guess I’m too late my one oranda that had been acting funny wen blew off and he died. I wish I would’ve acted sooner.��

What test kit are you using? Did you do a water change after cycling? What water conditioner are you using (seachem prime, API smart start)? What kind of filter is on your tank?

Back
Top Bottom